Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One after another..

I found out today that Hayley is allergic to Zithromax (the antibiotic that the doc prescribed for her throat infection). This is the 1st antibiotic prescribed to her and she developed severe rashes throughout her body especially her face, neck, head, back and her vaginal area. Luckily she isn't scratching yet else I honestly don't know what to do. My husband and I are not allergic to any medication (at least not that I know of) and I am not sure why my little one is. Maybe its just plain bad luck.

I called the doctor this morning when I spotted some red spots around her neck. The doctor asked me to check her again later in evening and she said if she is allergic to this med, the rashes would spread and I should stop the antibiotic. I should be giving her the 3rd and last dose today but we have decided not to (approved by the doctor of course).

When I picked her up from the babysitter in the evening, I was shocked to see her forehead, neck, behind her ears, under her eyes and back were all red and spotty. She also had mild diarrhoea (her stools are watery, frequent but in small quantity). She is also very grouchy and easily agitated so we are sure that something is wrong and she is feeling very uncomfortable. It is so unlike her as she used to be very happy and playful - my poor baby. The doctor said the rashes would peak up to 3 days and then it will slowly disappear. I have to continue monitoring her to see if the fever would return (hopefully not) and if the rashes would subside (hopefully so).

Sigh... I don't see my sister's kids having such problem and I often wonder why my little baby has to suffer.. was it my fault? I don't know. And as she suffers, we suffered too... double sigh.

I just hope that everything would go away soon... praying hard, praying very hard!

No comments: