Monday, June 13, 2011

Hayley's chatter

At McDonalds,

Me: How many fries do you want to eat?
Hayley: 5 (showing 5 fingers)
Me: ok I will give you 5

When the fries arrived she immediately took 1. While she was still munching, I gave her 4 more. She started counting..1,2,3,4 then she stared at me

Hayley: how come 4 only?
Me: you said you wanted 5, I gave you 5 (counting the 4 fries plus the one she was holding).
Hayley: not enough, I need more!

Proceeded to snatch the fries from my table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was reading a home design magazine before bed one night,

Me: see this house is so nice (making a sad face), I don't have enough money to buy this house.
Hayley: don't be sad, I will buy for you. How many do you want?
Me: I want 2, I want big house
Hayley: (pointing to the houses on the magazine) OK I buy this one and this one for you ok? (then she patted my shoulder and giving me a reassuring look)
Me: you don't have money. The house is very expensive, need a lot of money
Hayley: I got, I got a lot downstairs (referring to her coin box). I give you a lot ok. I take some more (referring to getting more coins from the father) and give you everything...then you can buy this one and this one ok?
Me: OK
Hayley: see this one got swimming pool, you can go swimming also....
Me: (big smile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One night during bedtime, while she was lying in bed

Hayley: (out of a sudden) I am so happy. I am a happy girl.
Me: why are you so happy?
Hayley: because i have mummy, daddy, Jun Jun (referring to Zac), yi yi (referrring to my sis), gor gor (referring to my sis's boy friend) and por por.

She made me happy too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She wanted her papa to bath her and the papa was in his study,

Hayley: papa, let's go
Papa: give me 5 mins
Hayley: no, 4 mins! then started counting, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... ok 4 mins already, let's go..
Papa: *speechless*

These moments made all the tiring days of looking after them worth every sweat!

4 comments:

Alice Law said...

LOL, she is one cheeky yet thoughtful little girl, she is certainly your germ! Proud of her!

Leona said...

Kids...they make us 'mung' but they make us on top of the world too!!!

Alice Phua said...

Love these heart-warming kiddy but innocent conversation! :-D Enjoy these conversations while you can. Once she gets older already, there will be no more of this .

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice Law, yes she is! :-)

Leona, so so true indeed.

Alice Phua, I am sure I will missed these moments!