Monday, November 1, 2010

Waiting....

I admitted into SDMC since 9.30am this morning. They shaved me, cleared my bowel, got me to fill up some forms and I am now waiting for the TIME. I think this waiting time is the most horrible in my life. Half of me is excited and the other half of me is nervous and not to mention I am hungry and thirsty. I kept staring at the clock! Dr Lee dropped by earlier to check on me and he told me that papa will not be allowed in the operating theatre, DAMN! I thought for once he could see it for himself what I have to go through, let him see how courageous I am and let him experience it all for the last time. Sigh... that is not going to happen again (the first time in Assunta and he was not allowed in as well) and I am so upset. Dr Lee said papa will get to see Bun in the recovery room and I will be wheeled out into the recovery room for about 45 mins after the surgery.

The most dreadful part of the entire process for me would be the insertion of the drip, the urine catherer and lastly the spinal anasthetic jab. Needles makes me weak. The nurses said these will happen in the OT itself. Although this was my 2nd c-sec, it was different the first time as I was wheeled in from the labour room into the OT and most of the preparation work was done in the labour room and everything happened so quickly.

I pray for courage and strength and a smooth delivery...

7 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Have a safe delivery. God will be with you. Take care =)

Alice Law said...

Praying hard for you too, all the best!:D

Reanaclaire said...

i guess by now you are feeling high spirits!! congratulations!

Mummy Moon said...

Hi, wishing you a safe and smooth delivery.

scarediechickenme said...

Hi..blogwalking here....
Yes, I delivered my son in SDMC too. E. C-sect. I can pengsan at the sight of needle..

The insertion of the drip, urine catherer (this I hate the most) and lastly the spinal anasthetic jab...

Make me shiver all over again..

Take care and your daughter's eye is very big :)

Ermayum said...

why kan we all pay mahal2 operation father not allow in - maybe takut pengsan kot hheeh but i think they should allow lah -

Kiasu Mom said...

LittleLamb, Alice, Reanaclaire and Mummy Moon, THANK YOU!

Wabbitfoot, you are so right. I hate the urine thingy the most. The spinal was actually less painful than the insertion of the drip.

Ermayum, I think it depends on the doctor la. Some doctors takut susah if the father fainted inside the OT.