Monday, November 29, 2010

Confinement is over

For the last few weeks I have not been updating my blog because I was busy eating, resting, watching TV and milking :-). All these will come to an end on Tuesday when Aunty Foong leaves and I will be left on my own to manage 2 kids, scared nya.

I don't like confinement periods. I don't like not being able to bath and wash my hair as and when I like, I don't like being sweaty all the time because of the heaty stuff I have to eat, I don't like confinement foods, I don't like drinking red dates water everyday (I miss plain water) and I don't like being confined to home but I will miss Aunty Foong.

Aunty Foong is my confinement lady. She cooks for me, boils water for my daily usage, takes care of my needs, looks after Zac and sleeps with Zac at night so I can get some rest in between my milking hours. Aunty Foong who is almost 60 is a good confinement lady and comes from Kuala Langat. I can't really comment on her cooking skills as I am not into confinement foods so whatever she cooks I will just eat eventhough I don't really like it. Aunty Foong often comment that I am a small eater and I don't know how to eat.. haha.

For the last one month she even cooks dinner for papa and Hayley and clean up after them which most confinement lady will not do as it is not part of their job. Although she sometimes will have her own ways/ideas in the things she do which I might not agree with, she did teach me a thing or two on what I should or should not eat and how best to care for a baby. I will also miss chatting with her, she's very '8' and likes to gossip about people from her hometown with me :-).

I have had 2 confinements, 1 with the help of a confinement lady and 1 without. For those who will be having a baby soon, I highly recommend hiring a good confinement lady to help you get through the healing period. For me, the experience was very different and I truly enjoy having Aunty Foong at home.

I am sure Zac will miss her too.

10 comments:

Ermayum said...

good for you :) i tak pernah ada confinement lady - i bath my own baby you know :)after i got back from hospital- maybe 1st few days my hubby buat - and we never separate our baby away from us at night - imagine our nightmare but with 3 children some babies are easy some not so easy :)

Kiasu Mom said...

What? You bath baby on your own? WOund tak sakit ke? Terror la you. Actually I also dont want to separate baby from me at night but dia kuat nangis and the sister will wake up and won't go back to sleep. So lepas aunty balik then I will move in to the guest room with the bb. Easier that way.

LittleLamb said...

Actually I liked my confinement period cos the Confinement lady is "fook-see" me. She serves food, ask me to sleep,...like a queen only...

Pei Chyi said...

u follow all her rules ah? can tahan the not bathing/washing hair part meh?? keng keng keng salute u!

Kiasu Mom said...

Little Lamb, I dun like leh. Feel so useless. I didn't even sleep that much.

PeiChyi, not all la. I tried to follow as much as I can. I didn't shower or wash hair the first 12 days, toughest time. But after that I tried to shower and wash hair as much as I can although she wasn't too happy about it.

Alice Phua said...

Good for you! Just curious, how much does Aunty Foong charge for her service?

Alice Law said...

Yeah, I agreed that it's totally different when there's a confinement lady around. We can really relax and leave all those hassle to her, lol!

The initial half of my 1st confinement was taken over by MIL, it was a tragic. Then my husband hired a confinement lady, we were glad that we did so... no 'mumbling' from Mrs.Know it all(my MIL)and I have someone who really taking care of my little ones, still regret that I didn't hire one at the beginning.^-^

2nd baby, we sailing through the confinement with another confinement lady! Phew~!

p/s: Happy belated fullmoon to Zach and you, post more pictures of Zach ok?!;D

- Jia Enn - said...

hi, can u share with us aunty foong's contact number?

can u PM me at annielje@gmail.com?

Anonymous said...

What is Auinty Foong's contact?

Anonymous said...

Hi could you give me aunty foong's contact number? I have been desperately looking for a good confinement lady. Thanks a lot! My email add is skies80@yahoo.com.tw