Monday, February 22, 2010

Miss 'I remember it all'

My 2 year old have such good memories that it scares me sometimes.

Scenario 1
She got up and we were walking down the stairs. She suddenly called for her dog (left in the cot) and because I was lazy to go back up to pick up the dog, I told her we will get papa to bring it down when he wake up later.

2 hours later, the papa woke up and the moment he reached the bottom of the stairs, my little girl suddenly ran towards him, grabbed his hand and started walking up the stairs saying 'dog'. It then made me realise the promise I made to her earlier.

All these happened 2 hrs later with no mention of the dog during the 2 hrs.

Scenario 2
I coaxed her to take a nap and promised her honey water when she gets up. An hour or so later after she got up, she pulled my hand towards the kitchen and tried to open the fridge (she knows the honey is in the fridge) and kept saying 'honey water'.

I guess I have to be more careful from now on in the things I promised her to make sure I don't end up breaking a promise and showing her negative teachings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yup,,,, but then again if we fail to keep up to our promises, it is good to tell them that we are still human, that's what i always tell my children when i lose my tmeper, that i am a human and i am learning to control and learning to be a better dad.........

Ermayum said...

oo i tell u they will remember it until months or years not only on something as petty as honey water but also on more serious things - like attending closer relative funeral or - u'll see :)
they seem so oblivious but they do remember- and out of nowhere they pop out a question :) and when asks back how do you know- they will bring you back to the previous months and years :)
children brain are like sponge remember? they absorb all :)

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi ladies, thanks for sharing. It's so tough being a first time mom, so much to learn. Definitely happy to hear more tips from all of you, the experienced mummy :-).

Eugene, thanks for visiting!

Reanaclaire said...

last time i read an article.. it said that kids' brains are like a piece of paper..so anything drawn, the marks will be there whereas we adults, our brain is full to the brim, that is why our memory is dwindling..hahhaa..
kids, they are very smart if we adults teach them the proper way..

Kiasu Mom said...

Ermm.. sorry Eugene. Thought you were a mom too. Just realised that you were a dad and a great one!