Sunday, September 13, 2009

A nice compliment from a stranger

An aunty in her late 30s (I think) came up to us while we were having lunch yesterday at our usual McDonalds and asked us the strangest question.

Aunty: Excuse me, sorry to disturb but I noticed that your daughter's skin is really nice and very fair and I just want to know what you ate during pregnancy?

Me: *responded with a dumb look* (caught by surprise ma)

Aunty: Err.. did you drink a lot of soya milk or something?

Me: *came to my senses and responded* Err... I didn't take anything special wor. But I did take some bird's nest, avoided black soya sauce or any sauce that is black and some soya milk.

Aunty: Oh.. is that all?

Me: yes wor.

Aunty: Oh ok, thank you very much ah

Me: you're welcome.

I continued with my nuggets, papa smiled, Hayley continued with her fries dipped in tomato sauce and the aunty went back to her table.

It was indeed a nice compliment. The first in 19 months :-)

No comments: