Monday, September 7, 2009

Pedicure and manicure, not my game

This story is actually quite old, about 2 weeks old but I've not had the chance to write about it until today. So here it is.....

Friends who knew me will know that I am someone who is quite stingy when it comes to spending on me. I wouldn't mind to spend on my hubby, my baby, my family or even my friends but when it comes to spending on me, I would think twice and sometimes thrice. And most often I would end up not getting the thing that I initially wanted to get (not bad strategy eh, money saved yet again hahaha).

One Sat, I got crazy (influenced by my hubby who told me about the nail salon near the house) and decided to go for a manicure and pedicure. I have been thinking about this for quite sometime but didn't really go for it cause I find spending RM100 on such small nails and toes wasteful. I could spend the RM100 on something more useful for Hayley - be it a new toy, a fancy book or maybe top up her bank account.

Would you believe that in my entire life, I have only had the combination of manicure and pedicure done ONCE and that was for my wedding? Believe it. I have also had a pedicure done once when in Phuket (it was really cheap there and I couldn't resist) and that was it. Pathetic right?....

Before I had Hayley I used to paint my toes on my own. When I was pregnant with her, I couldn't reach my toes anymore and after having her I didn't have the time to bother. As for my nails, I never paint them with colours (only strengtheners) cause they won't last due to all the housework and washing that I have to do plus my nails are short and ugly. I think they look odd with colours.

After putting Hayley to nap that Sat, I sneaked out to the nail salon. They were having promo and I spent RM66 for both pedicure and manicure. The normal price would be RM83 for both. The treatment lasted almost 2 hours and although it was lovely to be pampered, lovely to have my toes and nails taken care of and lovely to see pretty colours on them, I don't think I will do it on a regular basis. I still can't get rid of the guilt that I could actually put this RM66 to better use than this!

I have friends who have their manicure and pedicure done on a weekly basis and I often ohhs and ahhss over how pretty they look. I don't think I can do the same. Maybe we just have different priorities and mine is just not me :-)

My ugly toes in colours

My nails painted with stregtheners
By the way, the shine on my nails only lasted for a few hours. When I got home and got to the housework, they were not so shiny anymore and the sides actually came off bit by bit!
See..... that's why I didn't bother [lol]

No comments: