Saturday, May 23, 2009

My best friend joined the club

My best friend finally gave birth to her little girl yesterday, about 8 days late. She endured pretty long hours of labour pains, induced around 7am and gave birth around 8pm (do the maths!) and did it all without any epidural. And guess what she said to me after that 'there will be no second one, CONFIRMED'. Ha ha ha that made me laugh. It sounds so familiar. Didn't we all say that when we first have our babies and the next thing you know we're all planning for the second one.

Although I had mine via c-sec in the end, I also endured 2 hours of contraction pains. I too swore back then that I will NOT go through this again. It was just too painful...

15 months later, here I am thinking of when to plan for the second.. haha. I am sure she will say the same a few months down the road.. let's wait and see :-)

Updates: much faster than I thought. She told me today (her little girl was 2 weeks old) that she was thinking of having a 2nd one.. hahaha LOL.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, 2 weeks old and ready for 2nd one?! That's super fast!! Mine's coming to 2 years and although I want another, I'm also not sure if I can handle it alright. Hehe. You working hard on the 2nd one already? ;)

Kiasu Mom said...

Yeah she said quickly settle it.. haha.

I am just as frightened as you are. Although I want it but I am not sure if I can manage it. But honestly we had the same feeling with the 1st one and we managed alright. So I am sure we can manage 2 alright too ;-p

I am waiting for the 'right' month to work hard.. hahaha