Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to nature - KL Bird Park

On Sunday, we decided to do something different for a change. Instead of visiting shopping malls with air conditioners, we decided to go back to nature. My sister recommended bringing Hayley to the KL Bird Park located in Lake Gardens.

The park is open from 9am to 6pm daily (including public holidays) and the entrance fee for adult is RM15 (with Mykad) and you will get an additional RM5 discount if you have a Jusco card (each card gets RM5 discount). The entrance fee for kids from 3 - 12 years old is RM6 (with MyKid) and for toddlers below 3 years its free. Go to KL Bird Park for location map and other infor.

I have to say that I am not a fan of local tourist destinations but I found myself rather impressed with the bird park. I expect birds to be locked up in cages or sleeping or only a few birds were displayed but it was totally the opposite.

The moment we walked in we could see and touch birds (touch if you dare :-)). There were all sorts of birds being displayed, some in cages and some roamed free. Hayley enjoyed it as much as we did.

The bird park is pretty huge and for us to walk the entire park and only stopping to admire selective birds, it still took us almost 2 hours! If you are there at 12.30pm or 3.30pm, you can also catch some bird shows at the amphitheatre. There is also a playground nearby the amphitheatre for little kids to run about.

The place is quite fun for little kids and adults. If you're hungry, there is also a restaurant that you can visit and a couple of stalls selling drinks, ice creams and snacks along the way. There is also a booth where you can take photos with the birds but of course you have to pay for this separately.

I would say we all enjoyed ourselves very much that day. And if you do choose to go, I highly recommend that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring lots of cold water :-).

2 comments:

Busy Bee said...

Can you believe this? Ryan has gone to the Bird Park and it was not with me!!! Sob Sob.

He went as part of the school trip and from what I gathered, it was fantastic.

Great for you guys!

Kiasu Mom said...

Busy Bee, you can always bring Ryan and Megan there again when Megan is slightly older. I am sure Ryan will enjoy it still.

I might even go back in a few weeks time :-)