Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I had diarrhea!

My diarrhea started since last Thursday. I usually poo once or twice a day but since Thurs I pooed 4 times a day! Mummy wasn't really concerned at that time cause I was still happy, healthy and eating like normal. Mummy did some research on the internet and was advised to make sure I stay hydrated (by poking my flesh and making sure it bounces back). She poke me all the time, how annoying ~lol~. She also sniff at my bum all the time (like a dog) so she can change my diaper immediately to avoid nappy rash.

After 4 days, I still pooed 4 - 5 times a day. Mummy was getting slightly concerned. She email my pediatrician Dr Wong and asked her for advise. Dr Wong suspected it was just a mild stomach flu and told mummy to change my milk. Instead of the usual Enfalac a+, she was told to give me Similac Lactose Free Cow's Milk or soy milk. Dr Wong gave both samples but she recommended that we try Similac Lactose Free Milk which she said taste better. She also advised mummy to stop giving me fruits or veges. Just mik and carbs (porridge and cereal) for now.

Mummy changed my milk on Thursday (the 7th day of my diarrhea) and we could see the effects immediately. I only pooed 2 times on Friday and Sat and once on Sunday. Mummy was elated. She started me back on Enfalac A+ on Sunday and my poo seems to be back on course. She also ask aunty (the babysitter) to start giving me veges in my porridge and they will probably reintroduce fruits later.

Mummy will monitor me for a few more days to make sure everything is back to normal.

No comments: