Sunday, February 12, 2012

CNY

Happy belated Lunar New Year. I hope everyone have had a great celebration. It has been a pretty busy and tiring one for us (although most of the time were spent at home and to hospital visiting my mil). We'll let the photos do the story telling :)

Kids and fashion show:




CNY seems incomplete without a visit to Thean Hou temple. There were lion dance performances and the place was crowded!




Back to papa's hometown in Kuala Lipis, Pahang. Early morning fresh air, something you hardly get in KL!



We finally visited House of Joy this year during the 3rd day of CNY. They are currently at a temporary home in Bandar Kinrara (after the fire incidence and while waiting for their new place to be ready). The place was crowded with kids and elderly and good samaritans. We've been wanting to go and do our bit the last few years but didn't manage to and glad that we finally managed to make it this year.

From their wish list (our little contribution)


Gathering with some good friends

CNY open house at a friend's place. Kids enjoyed the lion dance.



5 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

That was fun, Amy. I always CNY with mixture of gathering with family and friends, cultural celebration, new clothes, etc.

Ermayum said...

amboi lawa lawa baju - ada gaya gak - angpow manyak dapat kaaa?
glad u have a great CNY :)

LittleLamb said...

THank you for your kinds hearts towards the Home. I also do this every yr started last yr. For me, I visit the hospital on the first day of CNY.

Happy New Year to you =) A great year ahead

Leona said...

From the pics, looks like CNY was a lovely time for u and the family. With Zac bigger now, also he can join in the fun now. seeing e pictures of the home visit...really touches me. There are really such good hearted ppl like u who do this on CNY.

Kiasu Mom said...

Ermayum, kids dapat banyak angpow la, saya keluar pun banyak gak :-)

LittleLamb and Leona, we can always try and do what we can. Every little effort makes a difference. I felt really happy and blessed when I was shopping for their wish list - happy that I am doing something for someone who is not as fortunate as I am and blessed that I am more fortunate than they are. I would love to do it every year if I can.