Sunday, August 14, 2011

Great way to drink Dom

If you dislike drinking Dom like me but don't know what to do with all the Dom that you would have probably received as gifts after having a baby or two etc, don't fret. Try my suggestion below and I can assure you that you will finish your Dom in no time :)

This method was introduced to me by aunty Foong my confinement lady and I used to have it every alternate night during my confinement.

Mix half a bowl of Dom with slightly more than half a bowl of water and put it in the slow cooker for 4 hours. It is that simple. You can also add a hard boiled egg (peel the skin and put it in) into the mixture and let everything boil together. The egg will taste very smooth and soft. Aunty Foong said it is very healthy and beneficial to the body too.

I love it, not sure about you. Try it out and let me know what you think :)

10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

DOM or Dome? I also cannot remember.. i thought the Dome is something like the Starbucks outlet.. only when I finished reading, i realize what you meant was the DOM for confinement mothers! hahahaa...

Kiasu Mom said...

OMG, paiseh.... I think you're right. It's Dom and not Dome.. hahahaha. Thanks for letting me know. I actually recognise the bottle as it is, didn't really pay attention to how it was spelt :p

LittleLamb said...

Can email me your confinement lady contact?my friend is looking and she.s delivering next month. Thx

Ermayum said...

My chinese friend gave me this once u know :) but i could not take it sebab ada alcohol kan so i bagi dengan another chinese friend but i certainly know that it has many advantages to heal ones during confinement if i dont know this mesti i ingat ni the dome coffee house jugak hehehe

sting said...

hehe.. I'm one of those who didn't like DOM last time :-) sorry to hear about Zac's case... hope the swelling goes away soon... take care ya...

Alice Law said...

Thanks for sharing!^^

Alice said...

wei...I'm not an alcohol person, recalled that last time, my first time drink dom, coughing like a duck :P but actually it's good, my cl used it to boil soup also. But if drink too much, my butt got itchy and tumbuh rashes....hahaha You should continue to drink it, good for health.

Alice Law said...

Hey friend, you won the Fisher Price giveaway, email me your mailing add ya!;D

cre8tone said...

Seldom drink this..

Wyson said...

i also seldom take this..during my confinement, i think once kot i drink, itupun after my mum grumble non stop.. but taste good if steamed with chicken..