Sunday, November 15, 2009

Will kids get nightmares?

I think the answer would be YES.

Yesterday night around 3am Hayley suddenly screamed (she was so loud she made me jump out of bed) and then started crying profusedly. Papa who was downstairs watching TV (yes he was still up at 3am) dashed up to the room. We're not sure what frightened her but our only guess would be nightmare cause we can't think of anything else that could frighten a little kid at 3am.

I quickly picked her up from her cot and cuddled her for a few mins. When she stopped crying I asked if she would like to go back to her bed (aka her cot) and she nodded. I put her down and she was fast asleep again.

Hopefully she won't get anymore of those nasty nightmares.

2 comments:

Leona said...

Ryan had the same kind of episode when he was one plus too. He was inconsolable and screaming for a good 5 mins. I called it 'night terrors'...after checking online. But it happened only once...

Kiasu Mom said...

Really ah? So far it happened once for Hayley too. Hopefully its just that one time. Quite scary when she suddenly scream so loud in the middle of the night.