Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The new 'nagging queen'

My 2.5 year old have recently taken over my responsibility in the car as the nagging queen - that is whenever the papa is behind the wheel. The papa is not a very patient guy when it comes to being on the road so occasionally he does drive very dangerously even when we are in the car. He always argue that driving a little faster or taking bends without slowing down enough does not necessarily mean that he is driving dangerously.

Whenever papa drives through a bump without hitting enough of the brake and send us bouncing in the car, rascal will say 'Papa..... don't drive dangerously ok' or 'Papa please drive carefully ok'. I believe she picked this up from me.

Whenever she spotted the papa driving with 1 hand 'Papa... use 2 hands!'. She will repeat until he actually placed 2 hands on the steering wheel just to please her. I have never commented on this before so not sure where she picked it up from.

Papa is quite annoyed whenever he hears the above as she sounds exactly like me, the intonation and even the expression :-). As for me, I am just happy that she knows what is safe and what is not when it comes to driving :-)

5 comments:

Leona said...

At least you are assured she will be a safe driver when she grows up...and is conscious about safety rules! Thumbs up!
By the way... are you on FB? Would like to link up with u there if it is ok.
Can search me...'Leona Lim'...

Kiasu Mom said...

Yeah I am hoping that these values will stay in her as she grows up.

I am on FB. Added you already!

Alice Law said...

Kiahahaha! What a safety conscious little young lady, you must be proud of her!;)

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, she behaves way more mature than her age... which is scary...hahaha

Alice Law said...

I personally don't think that would be scary, you should be grateful and blessed since Hayley is more matured. I love 'matured' kids and I found they learn better and faster than their peers!

Try to see her from a different angle or perhaps a more positive aspect, you will find she is a precious gem and will definitely shine in her future! Hey, you can help both of you to know each other better too!:) My 2 cents!