Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bun at 31 weeks

Last Saturday it was the usual bi-weekly check up for Bun.

While waiting for our turn, the nurses took my weight and also examined my urine, as usual. I gained another 1.7kg in 2 weeks. I am now at 58kg, 13kg gained so far. Urine is normal.

After waiting for about 45 mins, it was our turn. This time Dr Lee checked the weight of Bun. Bun weighed at 1.8kg, Dr Lee said it was ideal for a 31 week old baby. At this rate, Dr Lee 'predicted' Bun to be at 2.9 or 3kg when born. So my next mission is to decide whether I want to opt for a c-sec or attempt natural birth - something that I still can't decide now as they both have their own pros and cons.

As for me, nothing much has changed since 2 weeks ago. The only new condition I have is irregular heart beat which I forgot to check with Dr Lee. Sometimes I felt uncomfortable around the heart/chest, felt like the heart was beating irregularly and the entire body felt uneasy. It doesn't hurt, maybe it felt heavy, I just don't know how to explain it. Sometimes I even think (maybe I was imagining things) that I might be having a heart attack and I would experience it several times a day.

Other than the above, and feeling heavier each day, the rest are as usual.

I have also started preparing things for the arrival such as stocking up diaper, milk bottles, washing up baby clothes, packing my bag etc. Next on the list would be to clean the cot and play pen, washing the baby car seat, preparing the guest room for the confinement lady and also stocking up on herbs.

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Bun.. what a cute name! so.. now getting ready for a new arrival!! keep us posted.. :)

Pei Chyi said...

i dunno why but my heart also beating fast for u! LOL

hey do u plan to do those traditional urut and bengkung? if so let me know i email you the details of my urut lady ... she's really good, and she'll come to ur place too !

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, will do.. hopefully I still have the energy and time to blog after Bun's arrival. I was flat out when my daughter arrived...

Pei Chyi, can we still urut if we have a c-sec ah? I didn't urut the first time but want to make sure I do it this time if it's allowed. Maybe you can email me the details and I check with the kakak myself. I might just go for c-sec la.. save all the suspense and I can plan properly. Now my heart is still beating normally but I know it will be extremely abnormal closer to the due date.. hahaha

Leona said...

The preparation for the arrival of the new baby is very fun and exciting...isn't it? And makes you think back of all the fond memories when you had ur first child...

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Amy, when is the due date? Enjoy the confinement and I love this period of time.

Kiasu Mom said...

Leona, well the preparing part is indeed fun and exciting BUT the actual arrival is scary.. haha.

SL, actual EDD is 10.11.10, nice hor.. hehe but if c-sec then will be 2 weeks earlier lor. Still not decided yet. I didn't enjoy my confinement the last time, all the sleepless nights, engorgement, fever, infections, NIGHTMARE! Hopefully this time I will truly enjoy it.

Alice Law said...

Well, certain pregnant ladies do experienced arryhthimia, specially when the bun growing bigger. The blood supplies currently concentrating on the buns and its supply, so it put on more burdens to your heart. If you still worry, please remember to check it with your Obs during your next follow-up!

p/s: I experienced the same thing too when I was preggy and even months after that! Try to avoid caffeinated drink like tea and cokes as much as possible, hopefully you will get better soon! All the best!

Happy preggy!

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, went for my check up today and asked my doc. He said it is also known as 'skipped beat'. For some women it can be dangerous but since I only experience slight discomfort when it happens and not throughout the day, he said it should be ok.

As for tea and coke, I don't take them. I also didn't experience it with Hayley so find it kind of strange.