Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I finally gained weight

My weight used to be very consistent before I got pregnant with Hayley and it plummetted a few months after I had her. During the worst months, I was 5kgs under my usual weight. Jeans and clothes no longer fit nicely and friends would comment that I often look frailed, skinny and lethargic. It was so bad that I had problems buying clothes as I can only wear XS and not many brands offer clothes in XS :-(
For some reasons, I found it tough to gain weight during those months. I was often sick and even my regular GP monitored my weight very closely for me - he was concerned. My weight remained the same for a few months.

2 weeks ago, I stood on the weighing machine again and voila... not only did I get back my usual weight, I even gained an extra kg! I have never been able to reach this number except when I was pregnant. Motherhood can really mess up our system man! :-)

My old jeans and clothes can now fit nicely (in fact they are a bit tight now and I only realised it after I stood on the machine.. haha). I am not sure what contributed to the sudden weight gain. I was trying to think of the reasons and here are a few possibilities:

  • We moved office in April to Mid Valley (which is closer to home) so I do not deal with travelling stress as much as I used to. And definitely do not have to deal with flooded roads anymore.
  • Hubby cooks more often of late too and he is on a diet so he made me finish everything.
  • I am sleeping longer hours now compared to before. I normally put Hayley in her crib around 9pm and while I accompany her to sleep, I would often end up sleeping myself until the next morning. So I am getting about 10 hours of sleep a few nights a week.
  • Hayley is now 18 months 3 weeks old and she is so much easier to care for than before. She can now eat whatever we eat and I do not need to 'stress' about what to cook for her, how to balance the nutritions, how to make it tasty so she would finish them etc etc. Told you I was kiasu. Anyway, now I am not as stressed as before when it comes to preparing her food.
My guess is the reduction in stress (travelling and looking after a baby) which contributed to the weight gain OR maybe it was a combination of all the above :-). Anyway, doesn't really matter. I am happy that I can go to clothing shops now and pick up a size S dress and the possibility of me being able to fit in them nicely is much higher now ~lol~

2 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

The other reason could be ... You are Pregnant!

Kiasu Mom said...

That one I can rule out for sure.. haha